Renters and Home Owners are always working towards paying off a mortgage. The difference? Owners are paying their own mortgage and Renters are paying the Owner’s mortgage also. Years ago, a friend of mine told me that paying rent was like throwing your money down a black hole.
If you are tired of throwing money down “that black hole”, we have a unique plan to turn renters to house owners. Our Neighbors Healing Neighborhoods program works with Investors that want renters to experience the dream of home ownership for the first time or again if the victim of the past economy.
- Make an appointment to talk with one of our agents to discuss where you want to live, what type of house interests you and what your five year plan is to get your “Dream” Home.
- Next, our agents work with you to establish what you can afford now.
- This step requires a bit of time doing research with our agents. Drive the neighborhoods to look for the house that is affordable and comes closest to the features you would like in your house.
- Once the right house is found, our negotiators and Investors go to work to get the best price for the house. If everything meets our Investors parameters, they purchase the house and do the rehab.
- With a low down payment, the family can move into the house as renters. The downpayment is kept in an account to be used as part of the down payment.
- Part of the monthly rental will also go into the account to be added to the down payment amount.
- The tenant will sign a purchase agreement for the house to be closed in 12 or 24 months, whichever works best for all parties.
This program has been designed with two goals in mind. First we want to help displaced home owners and new buyers to experience the American dream of home ownership. The second goal is to rebuild the neighborhoods in SW Florida. It’s a win-win-win scenario for the future homeowner, the Investor and the neighborhood!